- 1 Gaining experience
- 2 Increasing the experience gained
- 2.1 Champion skills
- 2.2 Masteries
- 2.3 Speech
- 2.4 Neutral improvements
- 2.5 Other
- 3 Experience required to level up
- 4 See Also
- 5 References
La champion experience it's the way champions level up periodically. This allows them to access new skills or higher levels of existing skills. Also various base stats and runes scale as the champion levels up.
There are several methods of gaining experience:
- Kills Against Champions: Killing an enemy champion rewards the player with an amount of experience determined by the level of the champion killed. The experience gained is equal to 75% of the total experience required by a champion to go from the level of the slain champion to the next level. In other words, if a level 7 champion is killed, the total experience gained is 75% of the total experience required by the champion to move up from level 7 to level 8, or 705 (= 0.75 × 940) experience points. The experience reward increases if there is a positive level difference between champions (for example, if a level 5 champion kills a level 7 champion) and decreases if the level difference is negative. 
- Assists: A champion receives an assist after damaging an enemy champion who is killed within 10 seconds. A champion who grants an assist will do so evenly by dividing the total reward experience for slaying the enemy champion with all other players who received an assist or dealt the killing blow or are within 1600 range of it.
- Minions: Killing minions in League of Legends grants a number of experience. Such amount of experience is determined by the type of minion. Minion kills experience is split among all champions within 1400 range.
- Turrets: Whenever an Inner Turret or Inhibitor is destroyed, all champions on the team receive experience depending on the turret type. No experience is received for external turrets.
- Neutral Monsters: Each neutral monster type in League of Legends grants a certain amount of experience upon death, which is divided among allied champions within 400 range. Jungle Monsters grant an additional 50% XP per level to lower-level champions, up to a cap.
- Each filtering bag mushrooms of Teemo also give experience when destroyed (but not when activated).
Lesser Wraith Lesser Wraith ×3
|Giant Wolf Giant Wolf
|Big Golem Big Golem
|Ancient Golem Ancient Golem
Young Lizard Young Lizard ×2
|Lizard Elder Lizard Elder
Young Lizard Young Lizard ×2
- Epic Monsters: Only Baron Nashor Baron Nashor grants global experience, Dragon Dragon grants local experience.
|Dragon dragon||150 EXP|
|Baron Nashor Baron Nashor||900 EXP|
Increasing the experience gained
Note that the experience gained modifiers stack additively.
- A hidden passive of Nidalee grants 5 experience points every 5 seconds to nearby allied champions who are lower in level than her. This is on a timer such that if the receiving champion enters range at the time the experience would be awarded, he must not be in their presence for the full 5 seconds.
- Inspiration Inspiration at the fourth level of the Utility tree grants 5/10 experience every 10 seconds when in close proximity to a higher-level friendly champion. This is on a timer such that if the receiving champion enters range of the higher-level ally at the time the experience would be granted, he must not be in the ally's presence for the full 5 seconds.
- Each rune of Experience increases experience gained by 2%.
- The Crystal Scar aura passively grants experience to each champion while playing in Dominion mode. (7.2 XP per second.)
Changes in V220.127.116.11:
- Increased the experience split when two or more champions are present; two or more champions splitting experience now gain 30.4% more total experience than standing alone, up from 26.1%.
Experience required to level up
Here is the amount of experience required to go from one level to the next in Summoner's Rift:
|To reach the level||XP||Cumulative XP||Minion Waves |
Here is the amount of experience required to go from one level to the next in Twisted Treeline:
To reach the level
The Crystal Scar has its own experience requirements, which are not exactly but close to 75% of all Summoner's Rift values.
 Assuming a lane in Summoner's Rift, with no experience boost sources, no killing neutral monsters, and with a champion within 1600 range of each enemy minion kill in that lane.
- Experience (summoner)
- ↑ V18.104.22.168#General