The picture shows the scope of Neurotoxina de Elise before and after at the VPBE. While the numerical value was reduced by 125 units, the change in the targeting type only reduces the range by 25 against Brand.
Scope is a measure used to determine how far a basic attack or skill can go. It shares scale with the speed of movement, a point is translated as a distance of the game crossed. Note that the range of basic attacks is measured differently than the range of an ability. Given the hitbox of a source unit and the hitbox of a target unit, range is calculated as follows: range of edge-to-edge basic attacks; that of skills with a center-to-center objective; edge-to-edge skill shooting; and areas of effect focused on a champion from the edge of the fountain (larger champions do not benefit less from lesser champion auras). The difference is approximately 100 (for example a basic attack range of 550 units has a launch range of around 650 units)   
Each champion begins the game with a certain base range of basic attacks. This can range from 125 to 175 units for melee units and from 425 to 650 for ranged units. The greatest base range of basic attacks belongs to Caitlyn. At level 18, it is 661 Tristana overcoming a Caitlyn at level 16 with 655 basic attack range. This is due to In the sights of Tristana.
- 1 Basic Attack Range Modifiers
- 2 Table
- 3 Targeted Skills (Exceptions)
- 4 References
Basic Attack Range Modifiers
- Massacre of Aatrox increases his attack range from 150 to 325 for 12 seconds.
- devour of Cho'Gath increases his attack range by 3.8 / 6.1 / 8.3 per stack. The maximum is +50 at level 3 and 6 stacks.
- Devastating Charge of Hecarim increases his attack range from 175 to 325 for the attack.
- carapescada of Jinx increases her attack range from 525 to 600/625/650/675/700.
- Savor your fear of Kha'Zix increases his range from 125 to 175 by evolving the skill after leveling up his ultimate, Void Attack.
- Bio-arcana Download Bio-arcana Download Kog'Maw increases his attack range from 500 to 630/650/670/690/710 for 8 seconds.
- Shield of the Dawn of Leona increases her attack range from 125 to 155 for the attack.
- Fury of the Sands Nasus increases his attack range from 125 to 175 for the duration.
- Invisible Predator of Rengar increases his range from 125 to 600 (750 with 6 trophies on the Bonetooth Necklace Bonetooth Necklace) while in a brush and 0.5 second after exiting it, causing him to jump towards his target.
- Sword of Exile by Riven increases her attack range from 125 to 200 for 15 seconds.
- In the sights of Tristana increases her base attack range from 550 by 7 with each level (+119 at level 18).
- Ra-ta-ta-ta Ra-ta-ta-ta de Twitch increases his attack range from 550 to 850 for 7 seconds.
- Crushing Blow of Wukong increases his attack range from 175 to 300 for the attack.
The following skills change the classification of a champion's attack from "ranged" to "melee", or vice versa. This affects things like Emblem of Ashes, Ice Mallet, Tiamat, voracious hydra, Runaan Hurricane and Cimitarra Mercurial.
- Arachnid form of Elise reduces her attack range from 550 to 125 until she changes form.
- Gene's Fury Gnar reduces his attack range from 400-500 to 150 until he changes form.
- Transform: Mercury Cannon Transform: Mercury Cannon from Jayce increases his attack range from 125 to 500 until he changes position.
- Righteous Fury Righteous Fury of Kayle increases her attack range from 125 to 525 for 10 seconds.
- Puma fur Nidalee reduces her attack range from 525 to 125 until she changes form.
- Relay relay Quinn reduces his attack range from 525 to 125 for 20 seconds or until he uses Heaven Strike Heaven Strike.
Ranged champion list from highest to lowest basic attack range.
|Twitch (with Ra-ta-ta-ta Ra-ta-ta-ta)||850|
|Kog'Maw (with Bio-arcane Bolt Bio-arcane Bolt at level 5)||710|
|Jinx (us Change of Arms! at level 4 while using Carapescado)||700|
|Tristana (us In the crosshairs at level 18)||661|
|Ahri, Brand, Cassiopeia, Daughters, trot, Elise (in its Human Form Human Form), Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Know, Lissandra, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Us, Ryze, end, Soraka, Syndra, Twitch, Vayne, Ziggs, Zilean||550|
|Graves, Jinx, Karma, Kayle (with Righteous Fury Righteous Fury), LeBlanc, Nidalee, Orianna, Quinn, Twisted Fate, Veigar, Viktor, Vel'Koz, Xerath, Tristana (us In the crosshairs at level 1), Kai'Sa||525|
|Bard, Jayce (with Transform: Mercury Cannon Transform: Mercury Cannon), Kog'Maw, Lucian, Sivir, Swain, Teemo||500|
|Mini Gnar Mini Gnar (us Gene of Fury at level 18)||485|
|Karthus, Vladimir, Morgana, Thresh||450|
|Mini Gnar Mini Gnar (us Gene of Fury at level 1)||400|
List of scrum champions.
|Rengar (us Invisible Predator and 6 trophies on his Bonetooth Necklace Bonetooth Necklace)||725|
|Rengar (us Invisible Predator)||600|
|Aatrox (us Slaughter), Hecarim (us Devastating Charge)||325|
|Wukong (us Crushing Blow)||300|
|Riven (us Sword of Exile), Kassadin (us Infernal Blade), Nidalee (us Overthrow)||200|
|Cho'Gath (us Devour at level 3 and 6 stacks), Fizz, Hecarim, Jarvan IV, Kha'Zix (us Savor their evolved fear), Nasus (us Fury of the Sands), Nautilus, We (us Excessive Force) Wukong, Xin Zhao, Yasuo||175|
|Leona (us Shield of Dawn)||155|
|aatrox, Diana Mega Gnar, Pantheon, Kassadin||150|
|Darius (us crippling blow)||145|
|Nunu (by eating a golem-type monster with Voracity)||138|
|Akali, Alistar, Amumu, Blitzcrank, Braum, Cho'Gath, Darius, Dr. World, Elise (at their Arachnid form), Evelynn, Fiora, Gallium, Gangplank, We are, Gragas, Irelia, Jax, Jayce (with Transform: Hammer of Mercury Transform: Hammer of Mercury),, Katarina, Kayle, Kha'Zix, Read without, Lioness, Malphite, Maokai, Maestro Yi, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nidalee (us Puma fur), Nocturne, Nunu, Olaf, Poppy, Rammus, Renekton, Rengar, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Shyvana, Singed, Sion, Skarner, Talon, Taric, Trundle, Tryndamere, Udyr, Value, We, Volibear, yorick, Warwick, Zac, Zed||125|
Targeted Skills (Exceptions)
The following targeted abilities calculate their range as a basic attack (edge-to-edge):
- Neurotoxina de Elise y Rappel
- Lacerating Light of Lucian
- Double bullet Miss Fortune
- Explosive Shot Explosive Shot of Tristana and Destroy Shot
- This list may be incomplete.
- ↑ Hitboxes, Range and Deflection. Retrieved 13 August 2012
- ↑ Annie q and normal attack same 625 range, but normal attack range longer than q, Why?. Retrieved 13 August 2012
- ↑ What's the difference between spell range and autoattack range?. Retrieved 13 August 2012